Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strange to think that ...

* Tuesday, 31st of May, 2011

Strange to Think

- Katherine Foreman

Passing by the park of dreams
Equal poles and opposite
Met and danced to different tunes
Strange now to remember it.

Walking through a field of mines
Souls in harmony at play
Things we never asked to know
Strange to think of it today.

Dreams that pass beyond the fog
Reaching clarity to fly
Look back down with secret smiles
Strange to think it was a lie.

AND STRANGE TO BEHAVE SO ...

Strange

I'm strange today,
So please don't mind
The way that I behave.
Don't get excited
If my manner's
Somewhat less than grave.
It may appear
My mind is clear
Of all the stormy gray
But pay no mind
For as I've said
I'm acting strange today.

I don't know how,
I don't know why,
I don't know when or where,
But when I looked
For all my gloom
It simply wasn't there.
And if I find out
Where it went
I'll be quite proud to say:
I don't want you
To drag me down--
I'm acting strange today.

No comments:

Post a Comment