Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Different minds ...

*Early Morning ... 1st Jan 2011 ...
I am bleary-eyed but reading ... Desperately need sleep ... but do not want to ...
I read on...


Every man possesses three characters: that which he exhibits, that which he really has, and that which he believes he has.
-Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr, novelist and journalist (1808-1890)



I think the same ... but I want to play a game with myself ... I decide that I shall post this when I see this phrase again along with something that gives me a sense that there are people who honestly (I do not think this is the exact word that I mean) study the human psychology & behavior as something that is not defined in books (i.e. other people's observations) but as an understanding of their own and contribute not to the text books / other literature but to knowledge. Today all this come back to me +1 (..from Earth ...) and I am posting this.

I initiated an experiment ... a personal one... for personal gains ... quite secret till this day ... (only two people being party to it . I guess some people do have a hint ... but I am certain that they are uncertain !!!). This was done as a part of some totally unnecessary but educative series of experiments that I like to do .. with myself, with people and things that I find around me or friends ... that helps me better understand the world & in the process also provide a way for the "smart ones" to have a guess and evolve.
The study of minds ... (quite drab) ... but being a different person in the process, a combination of the first two that Jean-Baptiste describes. The idea was to study different people with or without strong biases in different circumstances, their expressions, their outbursts, their ideas, the things that gave birth to these ideas etc. etc. etc. The idea was to keep it simple and observe and not be influenced or affected by what happens ... but as all experiments ... even this one had its complications. I sometimes feel I have unknowingly started a never-ending process... But nevertheless ...
I came across this site and really really was struck by these posters ... Looks like these guys love experiments too!

http://web.mac.com/lambtodd/iWeb/todd%20lamb%20/Todd%20Lamb%20Notes%20From%20Chris.html

http://bongrage.tumblr.com/


And the fun is that  you do not have to be convincing !
I am DIFFERENT . BE.

2 comments:

  1. >The study of minds ... (quite drab) ...<
    Is it ?...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for me Bhaitu ... You should know by now ... but for many that would be a YES :P

    ReplyDelete